Benefit and Disability Rights Advice
- Do you have a disability and are out of work? Does the thought of work seem daunting? We could help.
- Welfare works can explain what working will mean for YOU, how a new job will affect your benefits including showing the exact financial impact of work, we even support you to gain and maintain the job.
- For people living with a disability the Welfare Works project helps take the uncertainty out of moving from benefits into work. We offer a personal “Better off in Work” calculation to show exactly how paid employment will impact on household income. Highlighting additional help available such childcare costs and in-work benefit entitlements
- We also provide generic welfare rights support such as benefit checks and help with challenging benefit decisions.
- Every person supported by the Welfare Works service will also be referred to our employment advice and support service who will help you find and maintain employment, helping to tailoring your CV, support with applications and Interview practice and preparation.
- To find out more about this service call 0131 475 2600
- Welfare Works Referral Form