An important part of Into Work’s service is making sure you are on the right benefits when looking for work and also when in-work.
- Being on the right benefit when looking for work helps to ease financial pressures.
- In-work benefits such as tax credits, universal credit and housing benefit are also important, making some positions of employment more viable and helping clients to maintain employment.
Into Work has an in-house Welfare Rights Officer who works closely with our Employment Advisers. They can advise you on your benefit entitlements and how these may be affected by taking up paid work. They can also advocate on your behalf if required. These services are available to everyone who is looking for a job.
Here is a summary of the help Into Work offers:
Better off in-work & benefit entitlement calculations
We can explain in detail how a prospective job would impact on your income, including the effect to any existing benefit entitlement. We can also check that you are on the right benefits and explain the different options available.
Assistance with benefit applications
- We can check you’re getting the correct benefits before starting work.
- We can check to see if there are in-work benefits that you are entitled to.
- We can help you with the application process for benefits if required.
Liaison with local authorities and benefit providers
Communicating with official service providers can be difficult for some people. We can draft letters on your behalf and help you to navigate call centres. We can even accompany you to face-to-face meetings.
Help to challenge benefit decisions including representation at appeals
Challenging official decisions regarding benefit entitlement can be a daunting task. The process can be complicated and drawn-out and, with the addition of a health issue, overwhelmingly intimidating. Into Work can help by assessing decisions, offering advice on what options are available to you following a decision and, if required, help you complete the paperwork. We can also help drafting submissions, obtaining and submitting supportive evidence prior to tribunal hearings and provide representation at the hearing.