Napier University (Home learning via ZOOM) 4-week taster course in Cyber Security commencing on Thursday 19th of November.
After last year’s successful pilot of the cyber security taster course with Napier University we are looking to recruit another 16 Neurodivergent adults over the age of 17 to take part in this year’s taster course. The course will start on 19th November and last one month, with sessions taking place remotely on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am – 12pm and then 1.30pm – 4pm.
We’re looking for people with 3 Highers or equivalent, ideally one in maths or computing. However, we appreciate that not everyone has these types of qualifications, but they might be self-taught or have a strong passion and interest in computing at home.
If you feel that you fit the criteria below and would like more information, you will find our contact details at the bottom of this page.
Do you have a neurodivergent condition for example:
Are you based in Scotland?
Are you aged 17+?
Are you able to commit to the course, that starts on the 19th of November for 4 weeks?
- QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ABOUT A TASTE OF CYBER SECURITY
- Home learning through Zoom.
- WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Those interested need to be Neurodivergent , aged 17 or over and have 3 Highers, ideally one in maths or computing. If someone doesn’t have those qualifications, then experience and passion for computing at home or in the workplace can be considered. We want this course to give an introduction to the principles of cyber security and provide a platform for further education or employment within tech/computing/cyber security.
- WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Please check the course schedule attachment at the bottom of this page which breaks down what the course will cover over the month. The course is designed for Neurodivergent individuals to explore cyber security careers through gaining some first-hand experience of tools and techniques designed to fight cybercrime. You’ll have an opportunity to meet cyber security experts working in the sector and to get individualised careers advice.
- HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
- Four weeks starting on Thursday 19th November and the course will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays until Tuesday December 15th. Classes run from 10am – 12pm and then 1.30pm – 4pm. There will also be a careers event held in February 2021.
- IS THE COURSE FREE?
- WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS/OPPORTUNITIES OF TAKING ON THIS COURSE?
- You will gain valuable experience into one of the fastest growing sectors in Scotland and more companies within cyber security are looking to recruit Neurodiverse individuals. You’ll be able to put Napier University onto your CV, talk about your course in cover letters and have something that will really make you stand out! You’ll be given careers advice, meet professionals within this industry and get a career profile you can take with you that can help guide your next steps.
- WILL THIS AFFECT BENEFITS?
- If you are on PIP or ESA then your benefits will not be affected by this short term course. For those on JSA you will need to continue job searching during this time but if you require any benefits advice concerning this course then please contact us or speak with your welfare rights officer.
- WILL I GET PAID?
- Unfortunately, not.
- I AM INTERESTED OR I HAVE AN INTERESTED CLIENT, WHAT DO I DO?
- Please contact email@example.com with the answers to these questions and your contact details and an adviser with be in touch to discuss the course in more detail.
- Do you have a neurodivergent condition?
- Are you based in Scotland?
- Are you aged 17+?
- Are you able to commit to the course, that starts on the 19th of November for 4 weeks?