Benefit and Disability Rights Advice
- Do you have a disability or health condition? If you are out of work, does the thought of work seem frightening?
Are you worried about being financially worse off? That’s where we can help.
- Welfare works can explain what working would mean for YOU. How a new job will affect your benefits – and showing you the exact financial impact of work.
- For disabled people the Welfare Works project helps take the uncertainty out of moving from benefits to work. A personal “Better off in Work” calculation shows exactly how paid employment will impact on household income and outgoings such as rent. It also highlights additional help available such as childcare costs and in-work benefit entitlements
- We also provide benefit checks, as well as help to apply and support to challenge negative decisions.
- We even support you to find and maintain a job if that’s what you decide to do.
- Every person supported by Welfare Works has the opportunity to be referred straight to our 1:1 employment advice and support service, where an adviser will help guide and support you through the whole process. (Please see our Jobseekers page for more information)
- To find out more about Welfare Works, call Alan Bartlett on 07817 835 989 or make a referral by clicking the link below.